Tuesday, January 14, 2014

From concept to reality in 6 weeks - part 35

The project is definitely winding down now as the end is definitely in sight. I am so immersed in this project that I think of things at night in my sleep to fix the next day and the shocking thing is that they are good ideas and have been helping.

The first thing I need to do is verify that the very same data loaded from the server on the original Java app matching the iPad app which matches the Windows Store app. The first thing that got my attention was the heading I was using on the Windows Store app seemed off. I kept looking at the app running on my iPad mini and compared it to my Windows Store app and just could not figure it out. Finally I looked at the mathematics one more time and found the problem. The font used in VSE hid the fact that a zero (0) and eight (8) look very similar. For an angle I had 100 instead of 180 which will make a big difference. I finally had all of the data loading correctly and matching so that was a major accomplishment for today. These changes also will make one of the final tasks much easier to finish. But there is more that needs to be done...

Today's task was to finish what has been bothering me for 5 days now. I got a new mapping engine build and that fixed several of my problems. I looked at the documentation and found a much better way to simulate a flight path and so finally I am done with the task that has been bothering me way to long. What made it even better was that the code was about half the number of lines and so much easier to read. Mission complete.

The end of the day has come and I have a new page for all aviation formulas that I would ever need to know or care about, even though I was told by the mapping engine lead developer that some of them are incorrect and he has 100,000 pilots that back up his argument. Let's see who shall I believe? That is not hard at all as I pick the mapping engine developer every time as he has been wonderful in every way!

No comments: