Friday, January 3, 2014

From concept to reality in 6 weeks - part 28

It is time to resume working on some of the features that I did not have time to complete for the conference that are needed in the final product. The last time I looked at this code it was 12 days ago so I need to try to remember where I was. Thankfully I recorded all of the outstanding issues in Kanbanery so I just need to resume where I left off. I worked on a couple of other projects in the meantime so I have to settle back into this Windows Store stuff as it requires a paradigm shift.

To start off the day, I picked a couple of the simple tasks so I can warm up to working in VSE and the Windows environment. It is funny how quickly your brain reverts to comfortable things like Command-C/Command-V on my Mac versus Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V on Windows. For my first issue I had to bring up Xcode and look at the Objective-C iOS implementation so that is a crazy way to start the day by then switching to VSE and C#. I survived the simple tasks so now onto the hard ones I ignored because of time pressures...

I decided to tackle all of the Telerik slider related bugs today as those seem to be the most important parts as that is where the Windows Store app deviates the most from the iPad app. Everything I ever wanted to know is in the Telerik RangeSlider documentation as the problems I am seeing are all related to configuration issues and not issues in the Telerik control itself, mostly related to snapping and tick mark locations. I did not actually write any of that code as I farmed that out to someone else when I got in a time crunch so now it is time to learn how it was built using reusable components and style resources. This is going to be a good lesson to learn as I skipped that part of building a Windows Store app.


No comments: