Sunday, January 14, 2007

Streaming Audio with MP3

Today was MP3 streaming audio day. I had the task of copying 2 conference audio CDs to a remote web server and then add access to them thru a streaming audio server. Besides waiting for the files to transfer, most of the day was spent trying to figure out how to get the files to stream. I tried the simple approach of having links to the MP3 files, but that forced a download of the file. Then after many googlizer searches, I finally found the help I needed in a custom Flash audio player at boutell.com. I like the allowed customization as I created a playlist type XML file for each CD and that was all there was too it - only 8 hours later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another hard day struggling with MP3 Flash Audio players. I finally gave up and find another one that is much better from Jeroen Wijering. I finally gave up on getting the artwork displayed for the conference in either MP3 player. The primary reason I switched to this player is that I could not get the other player to work correctly when on my web host server. Plus this new one comes with excellent documentation so I can configure things like the colors. It even has Flash documentation and an included JavaScript file to listen for events. Now excellent!