Wednesday, June 24, 2015

printing photos half way across the USA

I finally had a great experience with printing a photo. While in Virginia last week I took a photo of my wife next the Smithfield Planation on the Virginia Tech campus. She send the photo to her mom by text, which prompted her mom to have a printed copy of it. While my wife had no problem texting photos, since that is a daily task for her, but printing off a photo from her iPhone was out of her comfort zone. I was called in to help find a solution.

I texted the photo from her phone to mine. I launched a web browser and immediately thought of Walgreens since it was right down the street from our house. I saw in the Google search results a match of "Walgreens Photo" and tapping on that brought up a sub-menu with "Prints and Enlargements" as an option. I did not have an account so I quickly created one and then saw a welcome site of an "Upload" button. I uploaded the photo of my wife from my photo library, selected the correct size. Then I saw this lovely button asking me to where I wanted to print the photo. Then it dawned on me that I could have it printed at the Walgreens next to my mother-in-laws house. For $2.99 I had the high glossy print in her hands without paying for shipping. Finally a use for a drugstore on every corner in America!

No comments: